Saturday, June 16, 2012

Brand New Puppy = Ryan's First Father's Day =P

Happy Father's Day! We celebrated ours a little early in the Erskine household with a pancake and bacon breakfast. I woke up really early today for some weird reason, probably to take Holly outside and I just ended staying up.  Holly and I made Ryan a card and she was a trooper about putting her paw in paint. Of course, Ryan's version of sleeping in doesn't really count since he wakes up at like the crack of dawn, but we still enjoyed a nice breakfast.  The homemade recipe is available below, I would encourage y'all to really mix that batter before making it.
 

Good Ol' Fashioned Pancakes Recipe
Yield 8 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Holly's attempt at patience as I try and snap a photo of her with her card

Ryan enjoying his pancakes and bacon slices

The inside of the card. It took me forever to clean her paw after I put paint on it but she was so well behaved.

Pancakes!
 While running errands this morning, I found this awesome bakery.  Ryan and I were able to celebrate our one year anniversary together but we were so busy moving into our house that we didn't have a dinner or anything.  When we got married, it was at a courthouse and our original wedding was canceled because Ryan's father passed away during that week.  After we got married, my MIL and Ryan's grandma were kind enough to host a reception for us.  I ordered cupcakes from one of my favorite bakeries in Madison and so to celebrate our one-year, I found these cakes at that cute little bakery! One is white cake with mango and the other is lemon with raspberry. They were so delicious!

 We romantically made dinner together, in which we combined like three different recipes to make a chicken mac n cheese bake. It was really good, although next time I think we'll add Velveeta to it.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment