Saturday, June 16, 2012

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married

It's around midnight when I hear this chiming sound from my phone. Received a text from one of my longtime best-friends, Ashley, saying that she is engaged! Probably a month ago, maybe even less than that, I got a call from another longtime best-friend, Kayla, also saying that she is engaged!  It's officially time to creep (more than usually) on Pinterest boards and Facebook albums as they plan for their special days.  I am so excited for my friends and so this most definitely calls for a look down memory lane. Throwback Saturday? I think yes!
be warned, this is also a visual diagram of how I, Kimberly Rose, finally learned to put on make-up later in my life- don't hate, I spent all of my days at swim practice :P
Those suits were beastly to put on but I loved our warm-ups and my tradition of always having pink goggles. Shout-out to Gintare, also a great friend of mine :)

Booty (Ashley) and I getting our Tremper Trojan spirit on.

Stretching before a meet at Case High School

Our two passions in life: Hobby Lobby and lawn gnomes

Ashley's graduation party- many a silly pic were taken that day

Lifeguarding- so many memories! Here's where we had our breaks and enjoyed way too many snacks and stories

Graduating from Tremper

Jackie's Grad Party

I'm pretty sure that is a pinata piece...

State Fair for a concert and delicious cream puffs

Badger Football Game over Halloween Weekend...woof, Halloween weekend in Madison

Theta Semi-Formal- Kay was my hot date ;)

End of the summer party at my house. We were just dancing and later throwing condoms around, no biggie.

Congratulations ladies! I am so excited for the both of you. Finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with is a BIG deal and something that should be celebrated.  Some words of advice from my experience with wedding planning (or lack thereof), don't get caught up on the little problems that come up.  There will always be something that will accumulate to a great deal of stress unless you learn to let it go.  There was a point during the week that I was supposed to marry Ryan (family tragedy occurred) where I started to freak out because everything was falling apart.  When everything falls apart, it shows you what truly matters.  It only reminded me of how much I love my husband and how much I wanted to marry him, even if there wasn't a ceremony or a reception.  When you're with that person, everything simply makes sense and the dress, the shoes, the beach wedding- well those are just the extras. So happy and excited for the both of them and that they have found their life mates =]

No comments :

Post a Comment