Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Show & Tell: How I Met My Husband


How I met Your Father My Husband

1. Tell us about how and when you met your love and what attracted you most to him.
I met Ryan while on a marketing class trip during high school.  We went to the Wisconsin Dells together.  We dated for like two weeks and we parted ways.  Staying friends, we ended up going through our separate journeys but staying in touch.  While I was in college, Ryan was finishing his first deployment with the Marine Corps.  He started chatting me up on Facebook while he was gone and we ended up hanging out all of my winter break and he took me to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball that year.  He's really fun and incredibly attractive.  I just like being goofy around him and although sometimes we fight, I'm still crazy about him.

2. Show us the very first {or one of the first} pictures you guys ever took together. {Feel free to show us more than one}
2011 Marine Corps Birthday Ball in Las Vegas
3. Tell us some of your favorite memories that you two had together.




I went to my first Marine Corps Birthday Ball with him in Las Vegas, I braved a blizzard after my last set of first semester finals to see him after he came home from his first deployment, he said "I love you" for the first time in a phone call two seconds after he dropped me off at LAX- it went something along the lines of, "I forgot to say something..."
A lot of my favorite memories with him are really casual times when we're just having fun.  When we lived at Camp Pendleton, we swam in our local pool and we were so excited to have goggles to swim with and I'm pretty sure the little kids there loved us.  We're truly kids at heart.
 
4. Tell us your favorite qualities about this man, what makes him "the one." 
Ryan is so genuine and caring.  He cares for his family and friends so deeply.  He can be brutally honest, but you know that if something is horribly amiss, he'll definitely let you know.  Even though he's younger than me, he's definitely more mature.  I'm the dreamer and he's the realist.  He keeps me grounded and he really is my better half.  He always encourages me to cultivate new ideas but he's there to make sure they're realistic.  He's also really sexy and that is a definite plus ;)

5. Tell us what your "date nights" typically look like.
I like to go "all Pinterest" on him but they usually revolve around a lot of relaxing in pajama shorts and sweatpants, watching TV shows on Netflix, and occasionally going out to dinner.  Since we're often separated due to our military obligations, we just like spending time with each other and being goofy.
 
  

No comments :

Post a Comment