Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blog Obsessions for January



Ladies and Gents, it's time to reveal some of my favorite blog picks for the month of January.

Sweetness Itself


Erin from Sweetness Itself is quite literally that, incredibly sweet and her blog posts are so filled with encouragement.  Admittedly, sometimes when I come across certain Christian blogs, I become hesitant in following them.  Now I don't want to turn this into a rant but I have a very distinct set of beliefs that include allowing people all available rights and I am also a follower of Christ.  Erin's blog doesn't shove anything down your throat.  In fact, it's a very personal journey and she has allowed everyone the privilege of viewing that.  I really loved her post on being single on Valentine's Day.  Every Valentine's Day, she prepares a letter for her future husband and prays for him.  All I've got to say is that her future partner will be one blessed person to have her.



Brooke from Tales of my Fairytales is hilarious, witty and loves big hair!  I found her blog off of Sami's Shenanigans and Brooke provides quick posts on various topics that are just cute and fun.  She reminds me of a ton of my sorority sisters and I also love her taste in music.  Her writing style sounds like you're talking to your best-friend and her stories will provide you with plenty of laughs.  If you like Sami's Shenanigans or I Wore Yoga Pants to Work, this is definitely a great option to check out.



Bonnie from The Life of Bon is downright hilarious.  She's a teacher to high school students, and I've got to say, I would have loved to have had her as a college professor.  She is funny and creates really fun programming for her students, including a banned book club.  What the what?! I know, scandalous, right?  and I love it  I definitely enjoy her blog posts and the type of content she puts up.  She also features really fun blogs as well.  Bonnie just started her own blogger book club and their first read will be Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  I have it waiting on my shelf and Bobbi from Today, I'm Bobbi has been waiting for me to read this.  I fail, I'm sorry everyone.  But, at least now I have a deadline to get it done.  Back to Bonnie, she and her husband are super adorable.  Hands down one of my favorite favorite favorite (yes, three favorites) to follow.


Erin is already well known in the blogosphere but it's no surprise why.  She is a fun writer that always keeps up with the needs and wants of her readers.  She is super cute and creates fun link-ups.  She did a recent one titled, "if I were a boy" and I'm sure you've already seen a few link-ups to that post that are highly entertaining.  She's all around lifestyle blogger and covers food, drinks, books, and sass.  Love.her.



You may have seen Taralynn from Undressed Skeleton all over the Pinterest world and that's probably because she is a sensation.  Taralynn hosts a predominantly fitness and healthy lifestyle blog over on Tumblr.  Her recipes are meant to be an integral part of your lifestyle and she coaches you through posts on how to incorporate fitness and healthy eating into everyday living.  She's really an inspiration and her blog is definitely worth checking out.



Dan from Single Dad Laughing is an absolute riot.  I found his blog through a marriage post featured on Pinterest.  He actually has two on the topic of how he "blew" his marriage.  My husband even read the post.  Dan's commentary was thoughtful and genuine.  He was even able to make a few cracks at himself.  Actually, he was very honest about how he approached his marriage and what he could have done better.  He is definitely an entertaining writer and a dad who truly loves his son.  Dan has a couple of books out and I downloaded one of the copies onto my Kindle that I can't wait to read. 

Now there are always and forever a ton of blogs that I love so dearly.  However, I chose to feature these ones for this month because they stood out to me.  I am always adding new blogs to my Google Reader feed and looking for posts and content that is worth sitting down with. 

Thanks for reading!



1 comment :

  1. Aww thank you so much for including me in this fabulous group of bloggers :) I can't wait to check out the ones I didn't know about. You are too sweet and I so appreciate you reading my blog!! You have a great blog yourself lady. xoxo

    ReplyDelete