Monday, December 23, 2013

May the drinks get taller and the world get smaller- The Big TwoFour


I went into a capsule 23 and came out 24...quite literally.  I was scheduled for alert the day before my birthday and since I'm on alert for 24 hours, I turned 24 while being underground.

I decided to bring cupcakes with me and made over 40 with bright pink frosting.  The only mistake there is that I used hardcore dye from Michael's and it totally stains your teeth pink.



 

I received a really awesome birthday/Christmas present from my family back in Wisconsin.
The strange thing was that Amazon said it was from me (wrong-o) and then farther down on the paper they had the receipt so I knew what I was getting.

 

Didn't matter though because I was super excited. I have been wanting a Silhouette Cameo for a few years now and it was wonderful to open up!

 

When I got home from alert, Ryan surprised me this funny, personalized card.  I love Ryan's cards. He always adds funny quirks to it.



 
He also surprised me this beautiful cross necklace. It's the first piece of jewelry Ryan has given me since we've gotten married and I love it!!

 

After opening some presents, I finally had the opportunity to do my hair and makeup.  With work, I never really do my makeup and my hair is always in a military bun.  Curls and big hair for days!
 

I think my favorite birthday surprise from Ryan was a trip to Barnes and Noble to pick out some books.  I could spend hours in a bookstore and it was fun getting a peppermint mocha frappachino and shopping around for good reads.


 

After our bookstore trip, we met up with friends at Chili's for a birthday dinner.
Love me some Coronaritas!





It was a fantastic birthday and I feel so blessed to have met so many amazing people in my time being an Air Force officer.  I have so many great people in my life and was super thankful to have them celebrate my 24th with me!

May the drinks get taller and the world get smaller.

5 comments :

  1. 24 seems like so long ago to me now! It looks like you had quite a Happy Birthday! I wish my hair held curls like your hair! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO CREATIVE. I wish I had your patience to follow through with all of these ADORABLE craft projects!! I love the mini mittens and shadow box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a wonderful birthday! Love your new necklace and your curly hair!!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas!!! Love your decorations!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am working on a very similar memory keeper on notecards for the years. Mine has a Parisian theme, yours is beautiful. I hope you enjoy it! We'll have to swap stories about the experience of it.

    ReplyDelete