Sunday, December 1, 2013

Season of Advent

I'm excited to be starting this journey with SheReadsTruth Emmanuel reading plan and Good Morning Girls Advent reading plan.  Both can be found on YouVersion, which is a great way to get the word on your phone or through e-mail.  It's also great because it helps you focus on the celebration and anticipation of the Lord, our savior. 

Today I started to get upset because of our lack of Christmas decorations.  Last year when I had a roommate and Ryan, we had two different households combining their holiday cheer.  It was also a one level home so it wasn't too difficult to decorate for the holidays.  Now I feel like my decorations are all over the place and I felt the urge to run to Walmart, Target, Home Depot, etc. and just decorate everything in my home as well as the exterior.  What was fighting that urge was our limited budget and that there was no way I could tackle that kind of project on my own. 

Seeing the below video was a gentle reminder that regardless of lack of decorations, the reason for the season is a celebration of the birth of Christ.  Does having fewer ornaments on the tree make me a terrible person? No and I shouldn't let the commercialization of the season influence that aspect.  This is a time to establish family traditions and celebrate a season of love.



 
If you liked this post, share it with others! If you feel particularly moved by it, leave a comment because I love feedback and discussion. Social media links are provided below and thanks for reading!
 photo signature_zpsc0b51015.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment