Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cuz I'm HAPPY: Spreading Seeds of Happiness

Over the weekend, Brittany and I decided to explore more of the downtown area.  At a great store called Dragonfly Drygoods, we found these quirky and fun trinkets called Seeds of Happiness.
  

Seeds of Happiness was born out of an act of kindness. Mark Borella, a sculptor, created small smiley faces from left-over lumps of clay. He gave these to his friends whose young son was dying of cancer. He told them: "I know there is nothing I can say or do to make you feel better so I thought I would bring you some smiles to help you get your smile back. I call them Seeds of Happiness." Sharing the Smiles continues to grow as our customers plant Seeds around the world.


 

 

I immediately fell in love with the idea of planting happiness by giving these smiles to everyone.  Lately we've been in pretty funky moods. Our job has been stressful, less than informative, and it's been easier to complain and be grumpy.  Putting a smile on our faces has been pretty difficult.  


 When I saw these "seeds," I immediately smiled. They're so simple but their message is great and it's something that you can throw in your purse or your pocket.


Brittany and I bought several and are planning on passing them out to friends to cheer them up.  

Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.

How do you share happiness in your life?


If you liked this post, share it with others! If you feel particularly moved by it, leave a comment because I love feedback and discussion. Social media links are provided below and thanks for reading!
 photo signature_zpsc0b51015.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment